Accredited members of The Biologically Appropriate Pet Food Association must comply with the 8 Standards below.
8 Principles of biologically appropriate pet foods
- High meat content and freshness (Levels must be between 50-80% of formulations).
- Balanced formulation with fruits, vegetables and herbs (Levels must be between 20-50% of formulations).
- Appropriate levels of vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients
- Low carbohydrate inclusion
- No Grain Inclusion
- No artificial colours, flavours, preservatives or GMO's
- Country of origin sourcing
- Preparation and manufacture under acceptable Pet Food manufacturing standards and HACCP
Look for the below Biologically Appropriate Pet Food Association logo on Approved products.